For special uses of the IDE, workspace concept shouldn't be visible to the user.
It would be desirable to have ability to hide workspace switcher so that user is
not bothered with existence of workspaces.
Target milestone -> 3.3
Target milestone -> 3.3.1.
Target milestone -> 3.4
Reassigning to Peter. Peter, please go through and evaluate, thanks.
*** Issue 11889 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
The funcioanlity is there. It is needed just to decide how it should
look like. Whether some switch at starting, or new option should be
created. For ui.
- ui discussion which switcher should be default
- hide/show of switcher (and switcher type) will be manipulated
through instance file in toolbar layer
- try to make existing workspace switcher subclass of JToolbar, get
inspiration from combo switcher (if nbui decide not to go with new
- add creation factory method for Workspaceswitcher, to be callable
from xml layer
- specify xml layer to put WSwitcher to toolbar
- remove harcoded wswitcher from main window
- modify xml layer for status line to be put into toolbar
- assure that option small_main_window works correctly (add handling)
- assure that switcher looks still the same (maybe we'll need to
implement JToolbar bridge to WorkspaceSwitcher)
Sidenotes for implementation issues:
1) startup command option "netbeans.windows.nostatusline" is removed,
disabling of status line now can be done through regular toolbar
manipulation (e.g. disable toolbar called statusline)
2) startup command option "netbeans.windows.small_main_window" works
implemented in main trunk.
Is it possible to put the status bar at bottom by the
layer file as well or is too much asking. Normally
(specially on windows) ppl excpect the status bar to be at
Implementation verified in the trunk builds.
reopening, implementation rollbacked because of major problems from ui
tags around rollback:
another try to fix #8617.
For IDE things remains the same, in platform there is possibility to
configure position, existence of workspace switcher and status line
through layers like for regular toolbars.
Resolved for 3.4.x or earlier, no new info since then -> closing.