Build: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 201109040600)
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, 21.0-b17, Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment, 1.7.0-b147
OS: Windows 7
tim_sa: closed a project
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempt to remove nonexistent path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\classes;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\sunec.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\sunmscapi.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\ext\zipfs.jar
Created attachment 110387 [details]
Created attachment 111100 [details]
Opened an FX sample on Linux then closed it.
*** Bug 201331 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 199590 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 201710 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I closed a few instances of this issue for different project types which I found as deplicate of this one. It does look like they all have the same cause. I evaluated web project and there does not seem to be anything wrong - the code has been this way for a while. I'm adding more diagnostics to GlobalPathRegistry.unregister: web-main#1f10c327be57
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *201109260601* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: David Konecny <email@example.com>
Log: #201617 - added more diagnostics
From the last exception report it seems that either the CP was not registered in the GPR or someone else has removed it. I will add more logging keeps stack traces of register and unregister.
Created attachment 111627 [details]
Closed two projects after importing + my settings + restarting NB.
This bug already has 20 duplicates
Created attachment 111728 [details]
closing projects while initialization of projects on IDE startup
The logging I added is not particularly helpful to identify the cause. In the http://statistics.netbeans.org/exceptions/exception.do?id=531746 case the path being removed is (classpath/boot):
but one which is registered is (notice that first file is not present in classpath being removed):
C:\Program Files\NetBeans 6.9.1\ide\modules\ext\jaxb\api\jaxb-api.jar
In the case of http://statistics.netbeans.org/exceptions/exception.do?id=532266 it looks like classpath/boot was already removed.
In both cases IDE.log shows that IDE was started with some set of module and later another set of modules was enabled. Perhaps that's the key to reproduce this problem?
Created attachment 111751 [details]
Startet NetBeans after a new installation and closed than my projects.
Created attachment 111757 [details]
1. Opened a J2SE project in clean installation
2. Ergonomics kicks in and enables Java SE support
3. Closed the project
Caused by fix of issue #200500 (http://hg.netbeans.org/main-golden/rev/d90c6e4868ea).
The following happens:
The org.netbeans.modules.ide.ergonomics.fod.FeatureProjectFactory$FeatureNonProject creates merged POH (UILookupMergerSupport.OpenHookImpl) for org.netbeans.modules.ide.ergonomics.fod.FeatureProjectFactory$FeatureNonProject$FeatureOpenHook which is the defaultInstance.
The UILookupMergerSupport.OpenHookImpl calls defaultInstance.projectOpened() on the FeatureOpenHook which activates the features, changes Lookup and adds POH of the real project to the old lookup.
The UILookupMergerSupport.OpenHookImpl iterates over the old lookup which was extended by real project's POHs. But the real project's POH is also UILookupMergerSupport.OpenHookImpl as the J2SEProject also creates merged lookup.
As the real project POH is instanceof OpenHookImpl it's not executed.
*** Bug 192386 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
In PHP, we also have a problem with project opening/closing - OPH is called twice in a row, see issue #192386 if you are interested (might be already fixed, exception reports are from NB 7.1 Beta).
Anyway, I will mark it as a duplicate.
*** Bug 203233 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The issue #203233 is also duplicate of this one.
The POH is not called and no CPs are registered in GPR (so the java
infrastructure does not know about the project) => no scan is started and the java waits for the initial scan.
The CoS debug, run, profile as well as Go To Type, Symbol and other Java features does not work
until you open the first java file and forces the scan.
Created attachment 111791 [details]
popped on closing of anagram game
Created attachment 111951 [details]
I had ReproduceNB Maven projects  opened and compiled. On the parent project called "Close Dependent Projects" and then "Close Project" on the remaining parent project generated this exception.
(In reply to comment #15)
> Caused by fix of issue #200500
OK, I will back that out and look for a different fix.
Integrated into 'main-golden'
User: Jesse Glick <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Log: #201617: IllegalArgumentException: Attempt to remove nonexistent path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\jre\lib\s
Backing out fix of bug #200500 which seems to have introduced regressions.