Bug 26689 - Tools-menu doesn't work
Tools-menu doesn't work
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Product: apisupport
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Inspector
3.x
PC Windows ME/2000
: P3 (vote)
: 3.x
Assigned To: Jesse Glick
issues@apisupport
:
: 24918 26616 26995 27932 29256 31526 33087 (view as bug list)
Depends on: 26619
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2002-08-21 16:49 UTC by sanurmi
Modified: 2006-02-14 17:46 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
ide.log (666.35 KB, text/plain)
2002-08-21 16:51 UTC, sanurmi
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description sanurmi 2002-08-21 16:49:25 UTC
I tried to open tools-menu and I got nullPointerException every time. On my 
other computer I got errormessage "couldn't find jvm.dll" even if the 
file is under jre-folder. On that other machine the whole nb3.4rc2 didn't 
start at all.

*********** Exception occurred ************ at Wed 
Aug 21 18:43:10 EEST 2002
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at 
org.netbeans.modules.apisupport.beanbrowser.NodeExploreAction$ActSubMenuModel.getCount(NodeExploreAction.java:116)
	at 
org.openide.awt.Actions$SubMenu.useAccel(Actions.java:1021)
	at 
org.openide.awt.Actions.updateKey(Actions.java:744)
	at 
org.openide.awt.Actions$MenuBridge.updateState(Actions.java:512)
	at 
org.openide.awt.Actions$SubMenu.<init>(Actions.java:949)
	at 
org.netbeans.modules.apisupport.beanbrowser.NodeExploreAction$SpecialSubMenu.<init>(NodeExploreAction.java:94)
	at 
org.netbeans.modules.apisupport.beanbrowser.NodeExploreAction.getMenuPresenter(NodeExploreAction.java:57)
	at 
org.openide.actions.ToolsAction.generate(ToolsAction.java:121)
	at 
org.openide.actions.ToolsAction.access$200(ToolsAction.java:42)
	at 
org.openide.actions.ToolsAction$Inline.run(ToolsAction.java:191)
	at 
org.openide.awt.JInlineMenu.doUpdate(JInlineMenu.java:132)
	at 
org.openide.awt.JInlineMenu.prepareItemsInContainer(JInlineMenu.java:121)
	at 
org.openide.awt.JMenuPlus.setPopupMenuVisible(JMenuPlus.java:54)
	at 
javax.swing.JPopupMenu.menuSelectionChanged(JPopupMenu.java:1218)
	at 
javax.swing.MenuSelectionManager.setSelectedPath(MenuSelectionManager.java:81)
	at 
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseEntered(BasicMenuUI.java:375)
	at 
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseEntered(AWTEventMulticaster.java:237)
	at 
java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5030)
	at 
java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4818)
	at 
java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1525)
	at 
java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3526)
	at 
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1582)
	at 
java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3367)
	at 
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3359)
	at 
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.trackMouseEnterExit(Container.java:3199)
	at 
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3056)
	at 
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3004)
	at 
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1568)
	at 
java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1581)
	at 
java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3367)
	at 
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:445)
[catch] 
at 
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:191)
	at 
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:144)
	at 
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
	at 
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:130)
	at 
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:98)
Comment 1 sanurmi 2002-08-21 16:51:21 UTC
Created attachment 7170 [details]
ide.log
Comment 2 Jesse Glick 2002-09-02 14:51:21 UTC
I don't know of a way to reproduce this exception in 3.3.x, though I
can imagine it could be thrown on certain machines, depending on
timing (or Swing?). Anyway, the affected code has been rewritten in
3.4 and this particular exception cannot be thrown.

I have no idea why "the whole NB 3.4 didn't start" but maybe you
should ask nbusers and give some details like a thread dump. 3.4 is
released. Try with a fresh user directory in case importing of
settings from 3.3 was causing the problem.

If you really can't upgrade, turn off the API Support module, which is
the one causing the exception. If you don't know what it is, you
aren't using it.

If (improbably) you really do want to use apisupport under NB 3.3, and
do not want to upgrade to 3.4, please add a comment to this report
requesting a patch for the bug.
Comment 3 Jesse Glick 2002-09-04 19:30:33 UTC
*** Issue 26995 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 4 Jesse Glick 2002-09-09 16:23:27 UTC
*** Issue 24918 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 5 Jesse Glick 2002-09-09 16:27:29 UTC
Issue #26619 is the root cause.
Comment 6 Jesse Glick 2002-09-09 16:49:23 UTC
Fixing some fields that got accidentally reset.
Comment 7 Jesse Glick 2002-10-11 15:01:42 UTC
*** Issue 27932 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 8 Marian Mirilovic 2002-10-17 13:12:58 UTC
*** Issue 26616 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 9 Jesse Glick 2002-12-03 22:16:56 UTC
*** Issue 29256 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 10 Jesse Glick 2003-02-27 21:05:11 UTC
*** Issue 31526 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 11 Jesse Glick 2003-04-21 14:49:12 UTC
*** Issue 33087 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 12 Marian Mirilovic 2005-07-15 07:49:21 UTC
closed


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo