Before the update of jython to 2.7.0, jython-parser was separated from jython to allow netbeans to parse python 2.6 code. See comment of update_jython.sh: http://hg.netbeans.org/main/contrib/file/37bd15383bc0/o.jython/external/update_jython.sh Now both project contains the exact same jar with different names.
I think we can simply the build process by removing one of them. I tried to remove o.jython but was unable to find out how to use o.jython.distro to build nbpython.
Can you provide more specifics?
What do you mean by "using o.jython.distro"?
For a start, it should be enough to migrate the most updated code and dependencies from o.jython to o.jython.distro, and removing any dependencies on o.jython from all Python modules.
What has worked and failed for you?
Created attachment 153944 [details]
Remove reference to o.jython from main
Created attachment 153945 [details]
Remove reference to o.jython from contrib
What I did (from netbeans main folder):
- hg rm contrib/o.jython
- Updated o.jython.distro/external/binaries-list so it lists jython-parser.jar
- Remove references to o.jython in:
You should be able to do the same with the attached patches.
Now, Netbeans complains that it is unable to find org.python.antlr. It seems normal since jython-parser.jar doesn't exits yet in o.jython.distro. If I try to build, I get the following message:
/home/jenselme/netbeans/nbbuild/build.xml:433: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/jenselme/netbeans/nbbuild/build.xml:428: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/jenselme/netbeans/nbbuild/build.xml:475: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/jenselme/netbeans/nbbuild/templates/projectized.xml:123: No dependent module org.jython
However, jython-parser.jar was correctly downloaded in o.jython.distro.
So my problem is: how to I make Netbeans and ant search for jython-parser.jar inside o.jython.distro?
I admit I am not familiar enough with the build process to know what to do. In the hope I would see the file to update, I ran:
- grep -r "jython-parser.jar" *
- Got contrib/python.editor/README.txt and contrib/o.jython.distro/external/binaries-list
- grep -r 'o.jython' *
- contrib/python.editor/build-python.xml (reference to o.jython.distro)
- contrib/python.core/src/org/netbeans/modules/python/api/PythonPlatformManager.java (reference in a comment)
- contrib/o.jython.distro/nbproject/project.properties (reference in a comment)
- contrib/o.jython.distro/build.xml (reference to o.jython.distro)
- nbbuild/netbeans/moduleCluster.properties (reference to o.jython.distro)
- nbbuild/cluster.properties (reference to o.jython.distro)
- a bunch of python and binary files
I hope that my intend and actions are clearer.
Steps to reproduce are thorough enough.
If further issues are found, they can be discussed offline.