Created attachment 152367 [details]
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create new Project Group
2. Open in that project group the test project from here (https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=250833)
3. Wait until all background processes are completed
4. Switch to '(none)' project groups - this operation takes 2 minutes for me.
Self profiler snapshot is attached.
thread.setName(threadName + " :: " + operation + " " + fe.getFile())
takes up most of the time
seems like calling BaseFileObj.getPath() at that place would be enough
and it is a lot cheaper that BaseFileObj.toString() (which was added because of diagnostic reasons anyway)
will fix accordingly, hopefully it will solve the problem
Jarda H, please let me know if you have a problem with the change
fixed in jet-main #cfce69a9f825
> Jarda H, please let me know if you have a problem with the change
> fixed in jet-main #cfce69a9f825
Thank you, Tomas.
Integrated into 'main-silver', will be available in build *201504160452* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Tomas Stupka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Log: Issue #250869 - Closing Project Group with 280 maven modules takes 2+ minutes
Checked this issue in my environment - now NB becomes responsive in around 15 seconds. This is much better than 2 minutes, but probably there still some space for improvement.
Attaching current NPSS just in case someone would like to dig that dipper:
- 8:32:11 -> 8:32:14 - [3 seconds] to show up contextual menu
There is separate bug for that:
- 8:32:25 -> 8:32:40 - [7-10 seconds] to close projects + around [5-7 seconds] runs some weird background scan on absolutely empty workspace.
Created attachment 153251 [details]