Please use the Apache issue tracking system for new NetBeans issues (https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS0/issues) !!
Bug 166677 - Multiple false errors
Multiple false errors
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Product: web
Classification: Unclassified
Component: HTML Editor
6.x
PC Windows Vista
: P2 (vote)
: 6.x
Assigned To: Marek Fukala
Jindrich Sedek
67patch1-verified
:
: 168368 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2009-06-07 03:05 UTC by infozone
Modified: 2009-07-15 14:14 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
Mixed HTML/PHP code (18.88 KB, application/x-httpd-php)
2009-06-07 03:09 UTC, infozone
Details
Screenshot of errors (327.81 KB, image/png)
2009-06-08 12:05 UTC, Petr Jiricka
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description infozone 2009-06-07 03:05:50 UTC
The attached code causes multiple false errors. Was not the case in versions prior to 6.7 RC1.
Comment 1 infozone 2009-06-07 03:09:13 UTC
Created attachment 83284 [details]
Mixed HTML/PHP code
Comment 2 Petr Jiricka 2009-06-07 21:28:34 UTC
Hello, I suspect this could be a duplicate of issue 166460, which was fixed between RC1 and RC2. Could you please check
whether this is fixed in NB 6.7 RC2? Thanks.
Comment 3 infozone 2009-06-07 22:17:29 UTC
Well, this is rather an extension of 166460, as there are other false errors too, like "expecting one of <OPTION> or 
<OPTGROUP>" in the beginning of each <select>, "unmatched tag" near every <option>, and "Unknown attribute type of tag 
<span>" in lines 167, 171. Cannot check with RC2 anyway as it's not yet available for public download.
Comment 4 infozone 2009-06-07 22:29:13 UTC
BTW you may wish to check also http://www.netbeans.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=162492, which I reported earlier. 
Acually things become worse since, as now not just odds but every <option> gets marked with the "unmatched tag" error.
Comment 5 Petr Jiricka 2009-06-07 22:40:48 UTC
RC2 is now available here: http://download.netbeans.org/netbeans/6.7/rc2/
Comment 6 infozone 2009-06-08 00:19:04 UTC
Well, then I confirm that RC2 fixed just the inline JS issue, all the rest is still there: see my post at Jun 7 
21:17:29.
Comment 7 Petr Jiricka 2009-06-08 12:03:29 UTC
You are right there are still errors. I tried with NetBeans 6.5.1 and everything works correctly there. I am attaching
the screenshot with the errors. Thanks for the report.
Comment 8 Petr Jiricka 2009-06-08 12:05:22 UTC
Created attachment 83311 [details]
Screenshot of errors
Comment 9 Jindrich Sedek 2009-06-08 12:39:27 UTC
This works correctly in 6.5.1 because there are no HTML structure error checks at all. 

The problem here is that the editor is not able to correctly recover the generated PHP sections and it shows incorrect 
warnings. There is a hint to disable such checking while the editor behaves unexpectedly as it does in this case.

In my opinion it's not P1, because you can easily disable error checking to avoid wrong marks in code and it's probably 
duplicate of issue #149968 .

It is not a regression either since the HTML structure checking is new feature in 6.7

Comment 10 Tomasz Slota 2009-06-08 14:35:13 UTC
yeah, it looks like a duplicate of issues 149968, 162492 and 160450, but I'd rather Marek evaluated it
Comment 11 Marek Fukala 2009-06-18 13:16:58 UTC
Thanks all for your evaluations, it really looks like a problem caused by the issue #149968. BTW I've already fixed the
issue in trunk after RC1 cloning. 

Now (in current trunk) there is only one and correct warning in the attached eir.phtml file.

Not a stopper issue since the checks can be disabled per file as jsedek pointed out. 

I am also not sure if transplanting the fix (if considered as P1) would be safe since I made bigger changes after 6.7
cloning containing the fix and I also saw some regressions in today's trunk build which I am not sure what the cause is.


Comment 12 Jindrich Sedek 2009-06-22 12:04:48 UTC
verified in trunk.
Let's deliver the fix of this issue in patch for 6.7
Comment 13 pgebauer 2009-07-02 11:18:20 UTC
Could you please provide a changeset used for the fix in order that it can be ported to the release67_fixes branch?
Comment 14 Marek Fukala 2009-07-02 11:42:05 UTC
hmm, it is basically the change in
http://hg.netbeans.org/web-main/diff/2bfa2b356c8a/html.editor.lib/src/org/netbeans/editor/ext/html/parser/SyntaxParser.java
but it cannot be that easily isolated I am affraid. It was quite a big change which also fixed this issue as a side
effect (I did realized it later). I think I'll have to prepare a patch for the patch #1 clone for you. I'll do it on monday.
Comment 15 Marek Fukala 2009-07-07 08:22:30 UTC
I am starting to clone the release67_fixes clone and will prepare the patch today.
Comment 16 Marek Fukala 2009-07-07 13:20:34 UTC
The fix extracted from the trunk changeset 2bfa2b356c8a and pushed into release67_fixes clone as 5e078e8dd330.

QE please verify the fix since I had to do some additional fixes to discovered problems (which are also in trunk). They
were related to tag matching with some templating languages inside.
Comment 17 Marek Fukala 2009-07-09 19:26:32 UTC
*** Issue 168368 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 18 Jindrich Sedek 2009-07-15 14:14:22 UTC
verified in 6.7.1
NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 RC (Build 200907150227)


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo