1. Start Java DB outside NetBeans.
2. Rightclick some sample Java DB connection and choose "Connect".
Result: Message "<java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind> appears and IDE hungs up for some time. But
path to started Java DB is the same as in NetBeans.
I'm unable to reproduce.
From your error it looks like there was already a Java DB running in NetBeans
Here's what I did:
1) Make sure Java DB had not been started from NetBeans
2) Start Java DB outside NetBeans
3) In NetBeans try to connect to the Travel sample connection
There is a harmless message, "Could not listen on port 1527 on host localhost." but I can expand the connection,view the
tables and execute queries
I'm not only see the error message, but also unable to expand DB's node.
I reproduce this issue on Windows XP.
Please provide the complete steps to reproduce.
I cannot reproduce
Make sure that Java DB had not already been started in NetBeans
your steps are exact.
1) Make sure Java DB had not been started from NetBeans. I stopped Java DB from NetBeans.
2) Start Java DB outside NetBeans.
3) In NetBeans try to connect to the Travel sample connection.
I tried on Windows XP and got message that address is already in use. I also tried on Mac OS X and as you I got message
"Could not listen on port 1527 on host localhost.", but I couldn't expand the connection node.
Are you sure that you start outside NetBeans the same Java DB, which is used by NetBeans?
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet, so I can't commit to fixing this for 7.0
Did you have 2 instances of NetBeans running ?
No, I have only one NetBeans started.
Have you tried on Windows XP? Actually I tried only on this platform and don't know if this issue is reproducible on other.
Reassigned to new owner.
*** Issue 148815 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
It works for me. I did:
- copy files from <HOME>/.netbeans-derby to <JAVA_DB_INSTALL>/bin
- run <JAVA_DB_INSTALL>/bin/startNetworkServer.bat
- connect to sample database in IDE
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 090611)
Java: 1.6.0_13; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 11.3-b02
System: Windows Vista version 6.0 running on x86; Cp1250; cs_CZ (nb)