The Run action allows me to evaluate the current script so it also lets me
execution. It would be pretty handy to have a continuous context to be able to
code or even Java code.
Debugger's "Evaluate Code" can be currently used for this purpose, but a console-like component would be nicer.
The initial changes that change the browser log into an interactive console are pushed as changeset: 250144:a006191f0dad
It remains to:
- add the prompt (depends on issue #228051),
- possibly print input in a different color,
- add collapsing of errors and expansion of objects into a list of fields
(depends on issue #127676),
- SHIFT + ENTER adds newline into the input,
- possibly arrow up lists through previous expressions,
- add code-completion
The input is printed in a different color
and objects can be expanded into a list of properties
We have a defect submitted for the prompt: issue #229408 and enhancement for code-completion: issue #229411.
Then there are enhancements to improve Output Window so that it can behave more like a terminal: issue #229410 and issue #229414.
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *201305062300* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
Log: #102043: Expansion of objects into a list of properties.