Bug 95672 - bundled jruby binaries (downloaded from UC) do not have executable permissions
bundled jruby binaries (downloaded from UC) do not have executable permissions
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Product: ruby
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Code
6.x
PC Linux
: P1 (vote)
: 6.x
Assigned To: Torbjorn Norbye
issues@ruby
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-02-15 13:34 UTC by Tomas Danek
Modified: 2007-07-03 14:46 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Tomas Danek 2007-02-15 13:34:28 UTC
NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 200702141900)
1.6.0; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0-b105
Linux version 2.6.17-10-generic running on i386
cs_CZ (nb); UTF-8
----------------------------------------------------
- downloaded ruby to netbeans from update center ( issue 95670 contains detailed
steps)
- restarted IDE (the reason is  issue 95670)
- F6 to run project - IOException - "chmod +x *" in bin folder of jruby fixes it.

feel free to reassign to build masters..
Comment 1 Torbjorn Norbye 2007-02-16 00:24:11 UTC
Fixed. The module installer will now run chmod (when not on Windows) on the
various files in JRuby's bin directory. 

cvs server: scheduling file `RubyProjectModuleInstaller.java' for addition
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
RCS file:
/cvs/scripting/ruby/projects/src/org/netbeans/modules/ruby/rubyproject/RubyProjectModuleInstaller.java,v
done
Checking in
src/org/netbeans/modules/ruby/rubyproject/RubyProjectModuleInstaller.java;
/cvs/scripting/ruby/projects/src/org/netbeans/modules/ruby/rubyproject/RubyProjectModuleInstaller.java,v
 <--  RubyProjectModuleInstaller.java
initial revision: 1.1
done
Checking in manifest.mf;
/cvs/scripting/ruby/projects/manifest.mf,v  <--  manifest.mf
new revision: 1.3; previous revision: 1.2
done
Checking in src/org/netbeans/modules/ruby/rubyproject/api/RubyInstallation.java;
/cvs/scripting/ruby/projects/src/org/netbeans/modules/ruby/rubyproject/api/RubyInstallation.java,v
 <--  RubyInstallation.java
new revision: 1.2; previous revision: 1.1
done
Checking in nbproject/project.properties;
/cvs/scripting/ruby/projects/nbproject/project.properties,v  <--  project.properties
new revision: 1.4; previous revision: 1.3
done
Comment 2 Tomas Danek 2007-02-16 15:53:09 UTC
hmm, this somehow did not work for me:(
this time i've downloaded #132 from deadlock.nbextras (btw. i've checked if your
new module installer is already present in module's jar), unzipped, put extra
cluster into ide, ran ide, created ruby app, ran ruby app -> IOException again.

please investigate ASAP, this a a high priority (because of M7)
Comment 3 Torbjorn Norbye 2007-02-16 16:31:15 UTC
That's a different issue. If you just download a cluster and add it to your
clusters list, that won't run the module installer I think.  My fix -should-
work with the update center (which is how I believe M7 users will be accessing
the Ruby functionality).

Fixing the ruby cluster download for deadlock would be nice too of course. Did
you use unzip or jar to extract the bits?
Comment 4 Torbjorn Norbye 2007-02-16 16:45:40 UTC
I've updated the wiki instructions for using the deadlock.netbeans.org bits:

http://wiki.netbeans.org/wiki/view/RubyBuildInstructions

"Also note that you may have to add execute permissions to the installed Ruby
binaries.

% chmod ugo+x /Users/tor/dev/netbeans-ruby-hudson-8/extra/jruby-0.9.2/bin/*
"
Comment 5 Tomas Danek 2007-02-16 19:36:01 UTC
you're right - i see you're not using restored() but installed(), which is
executed only during module installation (and that's enough for the update
center case).

I'm unpacking by unzip.

Setting back as FIXED.
Comment 6 Tomas Danek 2007-02-19 11:10:35 UTC
cannot verify:(
i've downloaded ruby from UC again today, IDE was restarted before modules were
installed, created new ruby app, F6 -> IOE again


here is some info from manifest.mf from org-netbeans-ruby-project.jar to prevent
version misunderstanding:
OpenIDE-Module-Implementation-Version: 200702162122
OpenIDE-Module-Specification-Version: 0.12.0.1
OpenIDE-Module: org.netbeans.modules.ruby.project/1)
Comment 7 Torbjorn Norbye 2007-02-19 15:30:28 UTC
I think that's a separate issue from this bug. In fact I observed it myself this
weekend so I filed a high priority bug on it - issue 95870.  However, 3 people
are reporting that they cannot reproduce it. Can you take a look at their
comments and if you are in the same building show them what you're observing?
Comment 8 Torbjorn Norbye 2007-02-19 15:42:42 UTC
I just read what you said a bit more carefully. You're saying that it -did-
install the new module updates correctly (ran module installer), yet you're
still not seeing execute permissions, is that correct?

I will try to reproduce this on my own Linux box.
Comment 9 Torbjorn Norbye 2007-02-19 18:45:42 UTC
The culprit appear to be issue 95965 but I have checked in a workaround where
I'm now doing installation steps in #restored() (e.g. on every startup) which
should make everything work, albeit a bit slower, for now.
Comment 10 Tomas Danek 2007-02-22 15:05:22 UTC
works fine, i did not subjectively notice any performance degradation...verified.
Comment 11 Jiri Kovalsky 2007-07-03 14:06:42 UTC
Reassigning this issue to newly created 'ruby' component.
Comment 12 Jiri Kovalsky 2007-07-03 14:46:39 UTC
Changing target milestone of all resolved Ruby issues from TBD to 6.0 Beta 1 build.


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo