reproducible with 060503_6 on sol10_sparc(blade2500)/linux, with reflectionX
steps to reproduce:
1. create diagram with scoped activity diagram
2. add partition to the diagram, name it and expand
3. add subpartition column
4. add several invocations to the partition (4-6)
5. add activity group to the partition
6. add desition
7. invoke overview window
8. expand overview window to half or full size of diagram
9. collapse overview window back
it takes 10 or more seconds to redraw screen after collapsing
after several such actions it may take several minutes to switch to another diagram
verified with perfomance flag, perfomance is good, the issue is a regression.
in 060927 overview is opened by default and affects usual work with uml
see also issue 78574
To enhance the performance, add the -J-Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false
command-line switch to the netbeans_default_options statement in the
nb5.5-installation-directory/etc/netbeans.conf file and then restart the IDE.
Targeted in drawing area redesign.
Restoring original priority and using the standard NB waiver process.
*** Issue 109680 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
release note added beta 1
this one can be skipped from release note.
Diagram area bugs waived for 6.0 will also be waived for 6.1.