Bug 33086 - Find from explorer does not set focus to Search Results
Find from explorer does not set focus to Search Results
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 33480
Product: utilities
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Search
3.x
All All
: P3 (vote)
: 3.x
Assigned To: Marian Petras
issues@utilities
: FOCUS
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2003-04-21 05:27 UTC by bht
Modified: 2003-12-11 14:27 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description bht 2003-04-21 05:27:35 UTC
NetBeans IDE 3.5 Beta (Build 200304142350)
JDK 1.4.1
Win98
SDI mode

When pressing the "Search" button on the "Find in
Files" dialog, the dialog just disappears as usual
but no results are diplayed.
I have NEVER seen this before in any build, even
in the last Q-build that I downloaded before the beta.
And I have used NetBeans quite a lot (written
hundereds of Java source files with it).
There is no error, no entry in the log. Just the
action is missing.
Windows open: Main, explorer, source editor, form
editor, property sheet. 1 external process running.
When I close and re-open the IDE, then it works again.
Comment 1 bht 2003-04-22 05:37:42 UTC
The condition is that a find result list is already open.
The search executes but the result list does not get focus.
Reproducible: Always.
Comment 2 Jiri Rechtacek 2003-04-22 09:07:59 UTC
FindInFiles is a part of component Utilities, reassigned.
Comment 3 Marian Petras 2003-04-23 18:20:56 UTC
I am able to reproduce it on Solaris 8 running on Sparc.

The code responsible for displaying the window with results is in
method
org.netbeans.modules.search.SearchPerformer.performAction(Node[]).
Last two lines of the method are

    resultWindow.open();
    resultWindow.requestFocus();

where 'resultWindow' is an instance of a subclass of TopComponent.

The fix should be easy - replace 'open()' with 'requestVisible()'.
Comment 4 Marian Petras 2003-07-30 21:09:56 UTC
I haven't changed anything in the Utilities module and the problem got
away in the development builds. It seems to have been caused by bug
#33480 - "[MDI] Fronting a dialog fronts the main window".

The probable reason of the bug was that resultWindow.open() fronted
the main window as described in the above mentioned bug.

Note: Bug #33480 has been resolved as a duplicate of bug #34670 -
"Main window fronted when property sheet in options window creates a
modal dialog."

*** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 33480 ***


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo