Created attachment 163724 [details]
Screenshot showing Test Results window
I am running ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I am new to CUnit and new to NetBeans. I had this problem in NetBeans 8.1 so uninstalled it and installed NetBeans 8.2 instead. However this problem still exists, hence my reporting it.
I followed the helpful NetBeans tutorial for creating a test C project with the Factorial function and then creating a unit test.
The problem is that the Test Results window hangs - as shown in the screenshot it says "Running..." and that "0.00%" of the tests have passed. However, the single unit test runs in next to no time and its output is correctly shown in the Output window. Nothing I can do seems to fix the Test Results window. Even after waiting for 5 minutes the Test Results window still says exactly the same thing. Clearly it is a bug.
I tried renaming the test to test_Factorial instead of testFactorial, but this didn't help - in fact it meant the test didn't run successfully at all (is this by design or is it another unrelated bug?)
(Personal note: I hope someone can help as I had really hoped to use NetBeans after hearing good things about it. In the meantime I am going to have to investigate alternative IDEs that support CUnit.)
Expected CUnit output: https://bugzilla-attachments-198053.netbeans.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=115129
NetBeans expects such lines:
Test: test1 ...passed
Test: test2 ...FAILED
In your case I see summary only.
I can reproduce this bug on Ubuntu 16.04
1) If I launch test in "CppApplication_1 (Build, Build Tests...)" tab I see only:
CUnit - A unit testing framework for C - Version 2.1-3
2) If I select "Debug Test" menu item I see valid output:
Test: testFoo ...FAILED
1. tests/newcunittest.c:22 - 0
3) If I replace CU_basic_set_mode(CU_BRM_VERBOSE); on CU_basic_set_mode(CU_BRM_NORMAL); I see full output, but NetBeans can't parse this format.
I am glad you are able to reproduce. I get the bug simply by following the excellent tutorial on this webpage: https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/cnd/c-unit-test.html
It occurs when I get to the "Run the C Unit Test" section. The "Test Results" hangs and does not show the expected output shown in the tutorial screenshot.
Do you think this will be an easy bug to fix? A patch would be extremely helpful to me. Thanks!
I am not a developer and I can't evaluate required time.
I will evaluate this bug soon.
Fixed in internal repository, Fixed build will be available for download within a week.
Integrated into 'main-silver', will be available in build *201704110002* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Ilia Gromov <email@example.com>
Log: Fixed #269939 - Test Results window hangs when running CUnit test
(transplanted from 5fcd1e5e3d86b7f1fa70a07eef918614db3b44a1)
http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/rev/5fcd1e5e3d86 # Fixed #269939 - Test Results window hangs when running CUnit test
http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/rev/6f21fe9b742c # Fixed #269939 - Test Results window hangs when running CUnit test. i18n
Verified in NetBeans IDE 8.2 (Build 201704181436)