Created attachment 149024 [details]
JavaVM crash error file
OS: Windows 7 x64 Japanese Edition.
Java: Java SE 8 Update 20
* Open a java source file in NetBeans java editor.
* Activate Japanese IME（Japanese - Microsoft IME）.
* Type some keys, entering and displaying Japanese characters before confirming.
* Hit enter key to confirm unconfirm characters, then crashed.
This crash generates hs_err_pidxxxx.log file.
Attached some files.
cf. "How To Type Japanese On Your Computer"
This crash may be caused by https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8055877
This bug seemed to be fixed by Java SE 8 Update25 fixes the bug 8058858(not public).
> The VM crashes while using Swing controls when some Japanese or Chinese
> characters are input on Windows platform. The issue is now fixed.
So, on Windows 7 x64 and Java SE 8u25, NetBeans 8.0 is not crash when
inputting Javanese character/Enter key.
Mine is Windows 8 64 bit. Faced same problem.
I fixed it by
1) updating jdk1.8_20 to jdk1.8_25
2) changing netbeans_jdkhome="E:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_25" in the file netbeans.conf under E:\Program Files\NetBeans 8.0.2\etc\netbeans.conf