Product Version = NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 201304012300)
Operating System = Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.7.0_17
Runtime = Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 23.7-b01
We have a .properties file that is encoded as UTF-8 without BOM.
I can edit this file in Eclipse and also in Notepad++, but when I open the file in NetBeans, the encoding is wrong.
Attached there is the screenshot of the file in NetBeans with project properties, showing that the project is correctly set to UTF-8.
Also, there is the screenshot of Notepad++ showing the current encoding of the file (Notepad++ has a nice feature of auto-detect encodings that is awesome).
I've added the first portion of the file that includes native characters (brazilian). I hope this helps.
Created attachment 133275 [details]
Screenshot of Notepad++
Created attachment 133276 [details]
Screenshot of NetBeans
Created attachment 133277 [details]
Sample file for testing
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 75906 ***