Trying 7.3 RC1 I noticed that I had to sit through the importing process while in the daily build it auto hides.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install 7.3 RC1 with an existing 7.2 user dir on it's default location. (It needs to hold plug in installation within it)
2. Accept when prompted to import the settings from 7.2 user dir.
3. After a while, an icon will show on the IDE task bar. Click on it.
4. Select the plugins you want to import.
5. Notice that the import windows doesn't go into the background automatically like daily build do. It doesn't have the option to do in background either.
Confirmed in latest 7.3 RC1
Integrated into 'main-silver', will be available in build *201307022300* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Jiri Rechtacek <email@example.com>
Log: #225000 - Plugin importer from old user dir not hiding