Support for working with the Spring Framework has room for improvement.
- When a Java class is referenced from a Spring XML configuration file you need to manually synchronize changes to the class name or package name with the config file.
- Find Usages does not include references to the type in Spring XML configuration files
- When you have a class file opened in the editor and the type is referenced from Spring XML configuration files it is tedious to find the XML file and location within the file
- Rename type should work in both directions - when you rename in the opened Java class all references from Spring XML configuration files should also be renamed and vice versa
- When you invoke "Find Usages" on a Java type the results should include references to that type found in Spring XML configuration files.
- In the editor, a Java class should be marked if it is referenced from Spring XML configuration files; this marker should include a menu allowing to jump directly to these files