[ JDK VERSION : 1.7.3 ]
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.1.2 (Build 201204101705)
Java: 1.7.0_04-ea; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 23.0-b20
System: Mac OS X version 10.7.3 running on amd64; US-ASCII; en_US (nb)
When profiling a Glassfish JavaEE application I'm presented with a "Select Java
Platform for Profiling" dialog which has a checkbox labeled "Always use the
selected platform for profiling". Regardless of whether the checkbox is checked
or not, the IDE continues to ask me to select the java platform for profiling.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Java EE bundle of 7.1.2 RC
2. Install Oracle Mac JDK 1.7.0_04
3. Set JDK 1.7.0_04 as the top installation in Java Preferences App.
4. New Project > Samples > Java Web > Servlet Stateless (Java EE 6)
5. Accept all defaults
6. Invoke context menu on ServletStateless project and choose Profile.
7. Your presented with the "Select Java Platform for Profiling"
8. Check "Always use the selected platform for profiling" and confirm with the
9. Continue with a basic Monitor Application profile.
10. Stop profiling session.
11. Repeat step 6.
12. Your still asked to select the platform for profiling even though you
checked the always use box last time.
Should be fixed in http://hg.netbeans.org/profiler-main/rev/62cee47d654f
Profiler reuses the project defined platform and does not try to override it in any way.