Although the class SourceOptions cannot be moved, it should be possible to
the .settings file and the links to this file from the core/ide xml layer
to the xml layer in the java module.
This should be done because of users of the platform who want to build an IDE
with no Java support.
Cleaning up before 4.0 planning
Target milestone was changed from not determined to TBD
This is pretty important for platform usage, I think.
I would like to suggest going further and physically moving all of
org.openide.src.** to the java/api module. I am willing to do the work
if you don't have any objections (if so, reassign to me). Suggested
course of action:
0. Change the summary of this issue to reflect the broadened goal.
1. Physically move openide/src/org/openide/src/ to
2. Newly written modules would need to depend on org.netbeans.api.java
in order to use these packages. All standard NB modules using these
packages should have their manifests updated.
3. For compatibility, org.netbeans.core.modules.NbInstaller can
automatically add such a dependency to any old module (detected acc.
to openide spec version requested - the infrastructure for this is
already in place, it is easy).
4. Move all IZ issues in "openide/java hierarchy" to "java/api".
5. Move Java Hierarchy API documentation to java/api/doc/ alongside
the classpath stuff.
6. As already written, move the SourceOptions registration to the java
or java/api module.
Falls under "separation of openide into libraries".
I would rather move the src hierarchy into a completely separate
module, something like java/src-api (?)
The java/api will most probably outlive the source hierarchy (as it
will be deprecated after Java/MDR integration is complete).
I agree. That was actually what I planned to do. Something like
Just following item #0 from the checklist :-)
Check separation_19443_a_branch for progress.
Fixed as part of issue #19443, which see.