1. Create a Java EE 6 Web application
2. Register some database connection under Services
3. Create entities from this database
4. Close the project
5. Remove the connection in Services
6. Reopen the project - you will notice that the project will be correctly badged with an exclamation mark to indicate broken datasource
7. Open the generated entity class and press Ctrl+Space after @Table(name = "
Table names should be offered, but the IDE just says "No suggestions". The IDE should offer a way to address the situation, e.g. by fixing the broken datasource.
A similar situation may happen when opening an existing project, and not alerting the user may create a discoverability problem of the database code completion feature.
as it's said in 202742 correct badge is jee.common/web.project functionality, but there may be some api to check if datasource is valid(and also to fix later) from persistence side, need to use in code completion if available or consider to add.
one more issue is to suggest db connection creation for j2se project