I have created C++ project with existing sources on remote host.
Configured projects seems to have UTF-8 set as default encoding and newly created source files (.c, .h) have Unix line endings.
Empty files, XML project files in nbproject/*.xml and .gitignore are however written with Dos line separator.
I guess everything should have Dos endings even though I would actually prefer Unix endings.
Handling of file encodings and line separators in NetBeans is completely f*cked up and awfully frustrating. Someone really have to fix bug 72515 ASAP and introduce real control over it.
Indeed this is a duplicate of bug #72515
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 72515 ***
Not really. Bug #72515 is about having control. This bug is about having consistency.
It is likely that fixing #72515 won't have any effect here, as it looks like editors for C/C++ ignore global line separator settings.
Oh and I have feature request that sits somewhere between this bug and bug 72515.
Assuming that per-project line-separator and encoding (are/will be) implemented:
when doing remote development, those settings should default to remote platform values (usually unix + UTF-8) and not those of development host where the IDE is running (often Win/Mac).
May have a very negative impact on OSS windows distribution if confirmed.
(In reply to comment #3)
> when doing remote development, those settings should default to remote platform
> values (usually unix + UTF-8)
A project can have several configurations, remote platforms are per configurations (which is quite convenient when doing multy-platform development). But it has only one set of source files. This makes your proposal questionable...
I've made a small investigation. Here are just some facts.
I looked at line endings on Windows (in my case it was XP, but I believe this does not matter). I see that nearly all files that are created via "New >" submenu are created with Unix line endings. The only exception I saw so far is .xml file, which has Dos endings.
Xml files in project metadata has Dos line endings as well.
I also noticed that 6.9.1 behaves exactly the same.
In the case of full remote, it stores Windows CR/LF pairs in project metadata as well, which is definitely incorrect. (However, IDE on Unix seems to work ok with such files)
fix following problems:
- local source file created from template has platform LS
- full remote source file created from template has "\n" LS
some cases was fixed.
other cases are blocked by Bug #199534.
No QA action needed.
Blocking issue was fixed.
It seems cnd changes:
can be roll backed.
(In reply to comment #10)
> No QA action needed.
IMHO it is wrong.
QA tests should cover following cases:
- created full remote file on windows computer must have "\n" line separator for c/c++, xml, txt, and other file extensions.
fixed, change set: