There are two issues here:
- returned path contains backslashes instead of slashes e.g. "\shared\dp\sstrunk"
- returned path contains doubled parts if a user expanded nodes in file chooser by double-click
Steps to reproduce:
- add remote host
- call "Add New Tool Collection" dialog
- press "Browse" in "Add New Tool Collection" dialog
- navigate to the root directory
- expand (press on [+] sign) "shared" node
- expand (press on [+] sign) "dp" node
- double-click on "sstrunk" node to expand it, it's expanded, "File Name" field contains right path "/shared/dp/sstrunk"
- press Open
Result: Base directory field in "Add New Tool Collection" dialog contains
It looks for me as a potential showstopper.
It makes remote file chooser mostly unusable on windows and it should be fixed in 6.9.
Fixed in cnd-main
reviewed the fix.
Looks safe and correct
The final one: fixed NPE on Mac
Fix of NPE was reviewed. Looks absolutely safe and correct.
Great! Now it works just fairily on Windows. Will check other platforms for regressions tomorrow.
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *201005260001* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
User: Vladimir Kvashin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Log: fixed #186521 - Wrong path returned by remote file chooser
The fix is verified on all platforms, please push it into release69 clone.
Fixed in release69:
verified in rc2 build