Simplification should keep frequently used fields while taking into a use-case of reporting an issue with NetBeans IDE as a standalone (new) action.
I apologize for the chaotic description ;-).
What I meant by this is that the "Report issue" dialog in the IDE is targeted to a different target audience and should be as simple as possible.
This can be achieved by removing fields not frequently used in this context (only talking about reporting a new issue, not editing an existing one). These IMO are:
- assigned to, QA contact, CC (typical user does not know how to set these when filing an issue
- status & resolution (well .. we create new issues here)
- target milestone (there are only very few people who can set this .. end even so typically not when creating the issue)
- depends on & blocks fields
- exception reporter (this field with no explanation makes no sense to vast majority of our users)
The goal of this is to keep the barrier of filing an issue as low as possible. It would allow users to focus on the important fields instead if trying to figure out what the unimportant ones mean.