NetBeans IDE 6.7 (Build 200906241340)
Full IDE with FoD, Java was previously activated
1. Open an existing ruby file from the disk. (I did it through Favorites, but probably doesn't matter how.) => The IDE
activates Ruby, but the file opens in the editor without any syntax highlighting, code completion doesn't work etc.
Created attachment 85969 [details]
Seems to work in current version ~6.8M1
1. I started with empty userdir and Full IDE with FoD.
2. Then I went to Tools/Plugins and enabled Java.
3. I opened Favorites and located some .rb file
4. From its popup menu I have choosen Open
A file with coloring has been opened.