When a project is associated with a particular platform runtime, removing that platform runtime from the platform
manager is allowed without warning that a platform is being used by the project. Then, looking at the project's platform
runtime from project's properties shows the default platform runtime is used because the previously assigned platform
has been removed. But running the project is not possible and the dialog showing the following message popped up.
Manually reselecting the python platform runtime is needed in order to run or debug the project again.
dialog title: Python Launch Error
dialog message: select project has broken python platform: default=> bind to an existing python platform in project's
steps to reproduce:
- make sure there are at least 2 python platforms listed in python platform manager
- create a python project using one of the available python platforms
- select Tools->Python Platform and remove the platform that's used by the project, close the platform manager
- right click on the project and select Properties
- click Python from the Categories. The default python platform runtime is displayed instead of the previously selected
during project creation, click Cancel on the Properties dialog
- right click on the project and select Run or Debug. The dialog mentioned above popped up and project can not be run or
Solution: maybe a warning dialog should be displayed to allow user to confirm if a python platform in use should be removed.
Since it's the USER who is deleting the platform, giving them a warning that "existing projects use said platform" is a nice enhancement...