Observed with GlassFishESB 9/9 build. I has incorrectly entered the name of an XML Schema as "HelloXSLtIncoming" (note
the lowercase "t"). This caused problems when I entered the name correctly ("HelloXSLTIncoming") in the XSL file. When
I tried to rename the XSD file to the correct name (with capital "T"), an error appeared stating "Error: New name should
be unique." Since the code in the XSL is case-sensitive, I would expect to be able to rename the XSD using the proper
case for each letter.
This issue is reproducable in Netbeans 6.5 (Build 20080831125309) too.
Sam, Sonali, would you please look at this ?
changeset 17bc44c4fb35 in main
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *200809120201* on http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/ (upload may still be in progress)
Log: Fix for issue#146833 XSD rename appears to be case-insensitive
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 080919)
Java: 1.6.0_03; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0_03-b02
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86
I've transplanted *both* changesets to release61_fixes repository.
http://hg.netbeans.org/main/rev/1f3425e01f5d as http://hg.netbeans.org/release61_fixes/rev/b0a54d5a2b58
http://hg.netbeans.org/main/rev/17bc44c4fb35 as http://hg.netbeans.org/release61_fixes/rev/5e3b864f8806
Tested with NetBeans 6.1 patch 4 (2008-10-03_19-45-23) on Windows Vista. When refactoring/renaming an XSD, I am now
able to change the case of the letters in the name without getting the error message that the name must be unique.
However, I found a related problem in the new XML Schema wizard, where the name entered for a new XSD is still
case-insensitive (see issue 149304).