Support different kind of packaging like SVR4, IPS, zip, tar packaging.
The new feature is starting to take takes shape. Gui for Jar and Zip
files are near 100% complete and the backend is working. GUI for SVR4
packages are 95% done.
What's left to do is:
4) Handle directories and softlinks (important for SVR4 packages)
5) Calculate ARCH automatically (SVR4 packages)
6) Add remaining SVR4 macros
7) Complete SVR4 package backend
8) GUI to specify default owner, permission, and group
9) Exit with bad error code if something goes wrong during package
10) Add progress bar if it takes long time to Add Files from Directory
11) Add bzip2 and gzip option
12) Should clean action remove dist/<conf> ?
I plan to complete all remaining issues this week. 1) - 3) will be completed last.
Here is what should work today:
- Use properties in Packaging node (under Build node) to define what
type of package to build: Jar (default), Zip, or SVR4 package.
- Use Files property to define files and package info (for SVR$ pcakages).
- Use Build Package action in context menu to generate package.
- Generation of Zip or Tar files work.
- Most error situations are caught and proper error message displayed.
Note: A feature is supported if the selected tool (zip, tar, ...) is available on a system. Tar is supported on all platforms. Zip is most likely not supported on
Windows (there is no command line zip utility in Cygwin). SVR4 packages are probably only supported on Solaris platforms.