This one's really starting to annoy me. :-) Hitting Alt+Tab to switch apps and then switching back to NetBeans leaves
the File menu highlighted.
1. Use Windows. This is an OS-specific bug.
2. Type Alt+Tab, a very common key combination to switch to another running application.
3. Often when you do this the File menu will become highlighted (selected) and stays selected.
4. Alt+Tab back to NetBeans.
5. Don't notice that the File menu is highlighted.
6. Start typing into the editor. Your keystrokes are interpreted as menu commands! Yikes.
This happens about half the time I use Alt+Tab. It seems to be slightly more reproducible if I hit Tab pretty quickly
after hitting Alt. (But certainly not more quickly than humanly possible; otherwise it wouldn't happen so much.)
The standard Windows behavior is:
- Typing Alt and then releasing the Alt key will highlight the first menu (typically File). NetBeans does this
- But typing Alt+Tab should not highlight the menu.
->Core/code. Really not sure where should this be fixed...Lukasi, please reassign.
Known Swing bug, not Netbeans specific...see info in duplicates. Anyway thanks for the report.
*** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 73960 ***