Bug 139946 - I18N - [65cat] FATAL ERROR: 'Could not compile stylesheet' exception on tr_TR.UTF-8 locale
I18N - [65cat] FATAL ERROR: 'Could not compile stylesheet' exception on tr_T...
Status: RESOLVED WONTFIX
Product: platform
Classification: Unclassified
Component: -- Other --
6.x
PC Linux
: P2 (vote)
: TBD
Assigned To: issues@platform
issues@platform
jdk_bug_6240963
: I18N
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-07-14 21:13 UTC by havan
Modified: 2008-12-22 13:43 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
Output of the error (68.99 KB, text/plain)
2008-07-14 21:51 UTC, havan
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description havan 2008-07-14 21:13:47 UTC
[ BUILD # : 200807101204 ]
[ JDK VERSION : 1.5.* ]

I'm getting this error when I try to create a new project. It seems
the "I / i" problem of the Turkish localisation. A workaround exists;
if "--locale en_US" parameter is given to etc/netbeans.conf file it
works fine.

ERROR:  'Instruction unknown: loadınstruction'
FATAL ERROR:  'Could not compile stylesheet'
Comment 1 havan 2008-07-14 21:51:49 UTC
Created attachment 64476 [details]
Output of the error
Comment 2 Lukas Hasik 2008-07-15 12:35:06 UTC
the problem is caused by the wrong name of the template - loadınstruction. It cannot contain special character the
freemarker then fails. Please change it back to English name 
Comment 3 havan 2008-07-15 12:42:57 UTC
I did not change any templates. This is on a clean install of the IDE.
Comment 4 Lukas Hasik 2008-07-15 13:45:27 UTC
do you use a localized IDE? The different template name has to come from a different bundle than in English locale.
Comment 5 havan 2008-07-15 13:56:18 UTC
No, I do not. I just download and install latest nightly build. I believe the name of the template is not different but
IDE is looking for it with a wrong name. Lowercase of letter "I" in Turkish is not "i" but "ı" (dotless 'i'). So it
seems NB is using tr_TR locale to lowercase letters and that causes the problem.

Please check this issue too; http://www.netbeans.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=139952

This locale error causes Installer to crash and cancel the installation. 

I believe these two issues should have P2 priority according to BugPriority Guidelines
(http://qa.netbeans.org/bugzilla/bug_priority_guidelines.html) that says "Any of the other non internationalization
situations in this section happen when user is running in other locale, that does not happen when user runs in en
locale, that is also a P2 bug "
Comment 6 Lukas Hasik 2008-07-17 11:28:28 UTC
Ken, could you help here. I have no idea why the idea is using Turkish characters when it is running in different than
english locale 
Comment 7 Antonin Nebuzelsky 2008-07-21 17:11:17 UTC
Reassigning to translatedfiles component. This is not a problem in code, rather in L10N.
Comment 8 Ken Frank 2008-07-21 17:23:25 UTC
moving back to core, since translatedfiles is not correct category.
as mentioned in issue, user is not using a translated netbeans.
(I'm not saying core is the final category, but its not translatedfiles)

and am changing it to p2 also as per guidelines.

the "i" problem of java or netbeans with Turkish has happened in past
with other issues.

and user should be able to run in Turkish locale without needing
to workaround with --locale option.

havan, 
- do you name the project with any letters that are Turkish ?
(or path to the project ?)
is your nb or jdk installed in any path that has Turkish characters in it ?
is your userdir or path to userdir named with anything that has
Turkish characters ?

does this problem happen with all project types ?

if answer is yes to part about naming project or path or install or userdir,
can you try without having any Turkish characters in names or paths,
but run in tr locale, and see if it happens ?

ken.frank@sun.com
Comment 9 Ken Frank 2008-07-21 17:27:05 UTC
havan, also please try using jdk6 and let us know if problems
happen.

ken.frank@sun.com
Comment 10 Ken Frank 2008-07-21 17:32:00 UTC
problem might be related to problem seen in 139952 on installing
nb, as to issues of jdk and apache, issues 6240963 and 38787
but query nb issuezilla with word Turkish and other issues
related to Turkish "i" situation can be found also.

ken.frank@sun.com
Comment 11 havan 2008-07-21 22:44:05 UTC
I just test this in JDK 6u7 and it seems to fix the problem. I can create new projects of any kind with no problem as
far as I test.

And just for info; I don't use any Turkish related characters in any of projects' names, projects' paths or any other
path in my file system. Problem still exists in JDK 5.

So, because it's not there when using JDK 6, should we presume that this is a JDK bug instead of NB? Though still many
people use JDK5 in especially in enterprise projects. (I have to use JDK5 in many of my JBoss/JBoss Seam projects)
Comment 12 Ken Frank 2008-07-21 22:50:20 UTC
as to if this is jdk issue or not, I think developers can look at it
and see if it is or not;  perhaps it is related to jdk issue mentioned in 139952 or related to other nb issues
regarding Turkish 'i' that might have been jdk issues.

ken.frank@sun.com
Comment 13 Lukas Hasik 2008-07-22 08:05:58 UTC
havan, thank you for verification with 1.6. I'm happy to hear that it works for you finally.

I'm closing as WONTFIX when it is bug on jdk side.


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo