For the 6.5 release we want to make the Task List window open by default. To make it happen, we need to do the following:
- rename the window to Tasks (also the menu item in the Window menu)
- if the window is empty it should have a white background and should show a message like: "<No Tasks>" or "<No Tasks in Open Projects>" or "<No Task
- the table header needs to use platform L&F (currently it uses Classic L&F on Win XP). Compare Task List with Watches to see the difference.
- use new icons - for error, use the same icon we use in the editor gutter. I've asked the visual designer to design a new TODO icon. Are there any other old
icons in the task list?
Created attachment 63803 [details]
Proper error and todo icons
> - if the window is empty it should have a white background and should show a message like: "<No Tasks>" or "<No Tasks
in Open Projects>" or "<No Task in File>".
is it ok to show this message only when the tasks window opens for the first time? the problem is that the tasks are
cleared each time its scope is switched or main project is switched etc. and there's no way of knowing that task
scanning is already finished as some providers can push new tasks independently of the scanning loop. so there would be
a lot of blinking in the window imho
Yes, it's okay. Just keep the window background color white.
Thanks for fixing it! It really is much better. I noticed a few more issues that would be nice to fix:
1. The background of the table should be white even if there's just one TODO item in the table. Currently the space below the table is gray probably because
it doesn't belong to the table. I think it would be white if we set the container scrollpane view to use the white background color?
2. The selected item stays blue even if the focus isn't in the Tasks window. It should work like the Projects or Navigator windows. If they don't contain focus,
they draw selected items with gray background.