I am using NB 6.1 RC1 and working on Windows XP with JDK 1.6.0_05.
1. open a Java class in Java editor;
2. input "sysout";
3. Press "Ctrl + Space" to invoke code completion and editor says "No Suggestions".
4. Press "Backspace" to delete letters one by one and editor will try to give you suggestion basing on the left word.
You will get lots of suggestions when "sys" is left.
By the way, it is weird. With input of "sys", editor will only give one suggestion in normal way.
5. Keep deleting letters. When only "s" is left, the editor tries very hard to give you suggestion and NB becomes frozen.
6. The situation becomes worse when you delete the last "s" and "" is left. The editor will freeze even longer.
This happens to me also.
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 20080331051557)
Java: 1.6.0_04-dp; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.6.0_04-b12-45-optimized
System: Mac OS X version 10.5.2 running on x86_64; MacRoman; en_US (nb)
changeset f9247d1c9426 in main
Issue '132863' Integrated in NB_Trunk_Production #153 : http://hg.netbeans.org/main/rev/f9247d1c9426,
with comment: Issue #132863: NB becomes frozen with code completion - fixed.
verified in trunk, another good candidate for patch 1
The fix has been ported into the release61_fixes branch:
*** Issue 135840 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***