Bug 131628 - WEBrick fails to stop
WEBrick fails to stop
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: ruby
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Rails
6.x
Macintosh All
: P3 (vote)
: 6.x
Assigned To: Erno Mononen
issues@ruby
:
: 133470 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-03-31 14:50 UTC by William Leonard
Modified: 2009-02-19 23:01 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
:


Attachments
Log File with additional logging enabled (106.00 KB, text/plain)
2008-04-11 17:52 UTC, William Leonard
Details
Thread Dump (10.81 KB, text/plain)
2008-04-11 17:56 UTC, William Leonard
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description William Leonard 2008-03-31 14:50:23 UTC
Most times when I attempt to stop WEBrick, using either the x in the bottom right of the screen or the Servers node, the
server fails to stop. The first time I click the x, I'm asked if I want to stop WEBrick. Once I say yes, any further
clicks on the x do nothing. I then have to kill the Java process to kill the server, then the running status bar goes
away. What other information can I provide to help troubleshoot this issue?
Comment 1 Erno Mononen 2008-03-31 15:29:03 UTC
Which build are you using? JRuby/Ruby? I'll try to reproduce on Mac, haven't seen this myself on Linux.
Comment 2 William Leonard 2008-03-31 15:50:50 UTC
6.1 Beta. It also appears to work OK for me on Windows. Note, I can stop the server after immediately starting it. It's
only after it's up and running for a bit when this occurs. But it has affected everyone of my Ruby demos, where I need
to restart the server because of Java libraries I've added. If you want to go through those steps yourself, they're here:

http://wiki.netbeans.org/AgileDevelopmentOfThePluginPortal_Rails2

followed by (it's this 2nd demo that requires the restart. You don't actually have to do the demo - just try to stop the
server after doing the demo above.)

http://wiki.netbeans.org/PluginPortalWithJavaDemo

/Brian
Comment 3 William Leonard 2008-04-04 21:29:56 UTC
I just experienced this on Solaris x86 testing the RoR Hands On Lab for JavaOne
(https://hands-on-labs.dev.java.net/source/browse/hands-on-labs/dev/8400_ror/ror/)
Comment 4 bserviss 2008-04-07 11:24:42 UTC
I have noticed this as well in Gentoo Linux. Using NB 6.1 I can't get WEBrick to stop in the IDE or when the IDE is shut
down.
Comment 5 Erno Mononen 2008-04-10 15:58:32 UTC
I added some logging to track down the problem, could try with the latest build with Ruby logging enabled and attach the
log file here then when this happens again? The params to enable logging are:

-J-Dorg.netbeans.modules.ruby.level=300 -J-Dorg.netbeans.api.ruby.platform.level=300

BTW, does this happen with JRuby only?
Comment 6 William Leonard 2008-04-11 17:52:01 UTC
Created attachment 60067 [details]
Log File with additional logging enabled
Comment 7 William Leonard 2008-04-11 17:52:46 UTC
Doesn't seem very helpful, the but the log's attached: 

INFO [org.netbeans.modules.ruby.platform.execution.OutputForwarder]: Process finished unexpectedly: Stream closed

/Brian
Comment 8 William Leonard 2008-04-11 17:56:38 UTC
Created attachment 60068 [details]
Thread Dump
Comment 9 William Leonard 2008-04-11 17:59:35 UTC
I've also attached a tread dump which should highlight the problem.

"DestroyJavaVM" prio=5 tid=0x01001a10 nid=0xb0801000 waiting on condition [0x00000000..0xb0800060]

Comment 10 Erno Mononen 2008-04-16 15:37:11 UTC
Thanks. Seems that this could be an issue in JRuby, or have you run into this when using MRI? I'll still investigate 
and file an issue against JRuby if needed, will also look at whether there is something that could be done on the IDE 
side. 
Comment 11 William Leonard 2008-04-16 15:40:28 UTC
You may be right. I've been using MRI of late and I haven't run into the problem.
Comment 12 Erno Mononen 2008-04-29 08:55:34 UTC
*** Issue 133470 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 13 Erno Mononen 2008-12-03 20:24:45 UTC
I think this was related to a bug in JRuby 1.1, should be fixed in later releases (I recall seeing an issue on this, 
but can't find it now -- I'll post a link here if I find it). So I'm closing this, please reopen if this happens to you 
again with a newer JRuby.


By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo