This RFE is for the download page for ml 6.0.1 release, e.g.
It seems that the page can not switch its language by using browser's accept language.
In the case, on English firefox, which defines user agent in "en-US" but
I set "ja" in the top of languages in preference dialog, it should
browse the japanese download page. However, it always displays in English.
In most cases, the switching can work. We can assume that most users
are using IE, Firefox on Windows and it works. Only Firefox on Solaris
does not work because it defines en-US in useragent even in localized firefox.
I didn't file this issue as high priority because I understand it works in
most cases. But it's better to think about the reasonable solution for
this release e.g. providing workaround(changing locale of useragent) to relnote.
yes, there will be release note for firefox users who run on solaris
and other platforms for these situations:
a. solaris does not have an out of the box localized firefox
b. windows and linux does have localized firefox, but the rel note will be for
users who are not using the localized one, but still want to see the download
page messages in the language of locale they are running firefox in
or the language of locale that is first choice in languages preferences.
Users of real localized firefox will be shown the download page in the language
first choice if its a language for which nb has been translated at that time.
Assigned to new owner.