I have implemented a module that recognizes a file as of special type (not text) and
shows a TC when the file is opened.
I find it was too much work for such a common case (maybe I do something wrong):
- extend TC
- override getPersistenceType
- listen to changes in the DO and update Title/Tooltip
- create ExplorerManager, implement ExplorerManager.Provider, set DataObject.getDelegateNode()
as selected node
- associate lookup with the node
- readExternal/writeExternal to store/load the file being edited
- override canClose()
I think that the case is very common and there must be a "DataObjectTopComponent" for
Are You of the same opinion?