[webclient] Re: NetBeans Packaging

  • From: Petr Jiricka < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [webclient] Re: NetBeans Packaging
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:51:24 +0200

Hi Adam,

sorry for a late reply - I didn't forget this e-mail :-)

We have thought about this, and you are right that a special distribution would be a good promotion of the HTML5 features. On the other hand, this distribution would be almost the same as the PHP distribution - the difference in the download size would be very small. So I am not sure if we'd want to add a distribution that's almost the same as the current PHP distribution. Another option would be to rename the PHP distribution to something else - any ideas?

Still, I agree the HTML5 features need to be advertised more, so we've added a row for the HTML5 features to the download page, see the latest nightly:

Petr

On Oct 8, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Adam Bien wrote:

Hi *,

I think HTML 5 features are appealing to a completely different audience. Therefore I would package just HTML 5 features with NetBeans and create a lean distribution.

Then: also appearance at the Mac Appstore could be interesting for the adoption :-),

thanks!,

adam

[webclient] NetBeans Packaging

Adam Bien 10/08/2012