[73cat] Re: [versioning] git pull problem

  • From: Medea Gugushvili < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: [versioning] git pull problem
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 18:41:51 +0400

Hello Ondrej,

Thanks for you clarifications,
file was up-to-date, i never touched it before.  I can not reproduce that issue now.

Regards,
Medea

On 2 May 2013 16:42, Ondrej Vrabec < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Was the file modified before you did the pull? Please note that JGit (a third-party library we use as a git client) has certain limitations. One of them is that it has problems when merging modified files. So in order to successfully merge a branch into HEAD, all possible files to be merged (changed in the second branch) should be up to date locally.
If the file was up-to-date prior to the pull then yes, it's probably a bug in JGit, maybe related to line-endings on Windows.

Ondra

On 05/01/2013 10:48 AM, Medea Gugushvili wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone else encountered similar problem during pull?

git merge of head with origin/mybranch failed because of these files: ".../name.java"

During googling i found following thread which seems to be related:

In my case i was able to resolve issue from netbenas after i changed the conflicted file(just added spaces there) and commit it.

So does it looks like an issue or user fault?

Thanks,
Medea

[73cat] [versioning] git pull problem

Medea Gugushvili 05/01/2013

[73cat] Re: [versioning] git pull problem

Ondrej Vrabec 05/02/2013

[73cat] Re: [versioning] git pull problem

Medea Gugushvili 05/02/2013