[73cat] Re: Maven integration

  • From: Ion Iovu < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: Maven integration
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 00:49:38 +0200

Michael,

as of now a new user coming to NetBeans to create a web project doesn't need to know what ant is.
If you ask them what build tool to use, they'll stare at the question and hesitate.

If the build tool were chosen at the end, where would you put 'Project from Archetype' which is only relevant for Maven?

Regards

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Michael Müller < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Javier,

What is "project type"? "Web Project", "Maven project"? That's how it is presented right now. But can't a Web Project be a Maven project also?

Or does project type depend on the build tool? Then we need to choose between "Maven project" and "Ant project".

Or is project type "Web App", "Swing App", "JavaFX App" (this is my understanding)? Then we have to choose the build tool after choosing this project type.

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,
Michael Müller

Am 02.01.2013 23:14, schrieb Javier Ortiz:

I understand your point but is easier to manage each project type independent of each other. Is leaner and cleaner. Also it would be a burden for community provided plug-ins.

Javier A. Ortiz Bultrón
Senior Software Quality Engineer
ArthroCare Corporation
Office 512.358.5996