[73cat] Maven integration

  • From: Michael Müller < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Maven integration
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:38:06 +0100

Hi all,

When I want to add a new project, I first choose choose a category, e.g. Java Web and the the concrete project, e.g Web Application. Then the project skeleton is created by NetBeans, allways using Ant.

If I want to use Maven, I first have to select the build tool, Maven, and then the project type, e.g. Web Application.

Why are there these different (=inconsistent) ways to create a project? Wouldn't it be better to choose category and project type? And then, when the wizzard starts, it queries which build tool to use?

What do you thing about this?

--

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,
Michael Müller