[73cat] Re: Maven integration

  • From: "xiaoli zhang" < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: Maven integration
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 19:27:33 -0800

I started to use Nbean about a year ago. It took me sometime to figure out how to use maven. I think Michael's idea is good. Choose project type first, web app etc, then choose build tool.

Thanks

-----Original Message----- From: Petr Jiricka
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:57 AM

Hi Michael,

I agree with you that the current state is inconsistent and confusing. I am not sure I agree with your proposal to have one wizard where you would choose the build tool at the end, but *something* should be done to improve the current situation.

Petr

On Jan 2, 2013, at 11:35 PM, Michael Müller wrote:

Javier,

What is "project type"? "Web Project", "Maven project"? That's how it is presented right now. But can't a Web Project be a Maven project also?

Or does project type depend on the build tool? Then we need to choose between "Maven project" and "Ant project".

Or is project type "Web App", "Swing App", "JavaFX App" (this is my understanding)? Then we have to choose the build tool after choosing this project type.

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,
Michael Müller

Am 02.01.2013 23:14, schrieb Javier Ortiz:
I understand your point but is easier to manage each project type independent of each other. Is leaner and cleaner. Also it would be a burden for community provided plug-ins.

Javier A. Ortiz Bultrón
Senior Software Quality Engineer
ArthroCare Corporation
Office 512.358.5996