[73cat] Re: GlassFish4

  • From: Petr Jiricka < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: GlassFish4
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 09:54:31 +0100

Hi Michael,

as you write, we don't want to bundle GF 4 with NetBeans 7.3, mainly because 7.3 will be final before GF 4 is final, and as a rule, we don't bundle non-final versions of components with final versions of NetBeans. However, a Java EE 7-enabled version of NetBeans will follow shortly after 7.3. We already have a branch and a continuous build, so if you want to play with GF 4 and the latest EE 7 features, download the latest build from here: http://bertram2.netbeans.org:8080/job/web-main-javaee7/
For now this is a zip-only build (i.e. no installers yet). We expect there will be a lot of progress in the EE 7 features in the next couple months.

Petr

On Jan 2, 2013, at 10:23 PM, Michael Müller wrote:

Hello together,

As far as I remember, NetBeans 6.8 or 6.9 (daily) had been bundled with prlimary versions of GlassFish 3.
Now, GlassFish 4 is ready for testing. It's a minor problem to download the latest GlassFish or single libraries like JSF 2.2. But it would be more comfortable to get it bundled together with the daily build.

I know, there had been no plans to bundle it with 7.3. Just now, lots of Java User Groups join the adopt-a-JSR program. Thus, bundling GF 4 would be nice and support this program. Can't it be bundled soon? Or do we really have to wait for the next version?

--

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,
Michael Müller

[73cat] GlassFish4