[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

  • From: William Bacchi < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:23:00 +0100

I'm trying to reproduce the problem right now on ubuntu 12.04 jdk1.7.0_09.

I uninstalled netbeans using uninstall.sh.

I deleted netbeans installation folder and netbeans user folder.

I executed netbeans-7.3beta2-linux.sh

I start netbeans from the shell without importing previous settings.

Then I started the Sanity Test. In ide settings you have to Uncheck <JAVA_HOME>/src.zip source root

To do this I go to Window menu and there is not Debug item, so I go to tools/Option, select Java, select java debugger and click activate

And the ide becomes irresponsive.

After a while (some minutes)  I See an OutOfMemoryError in the ide output and a heapdump.hprof file appears in var/log folder (927 M).

This is just happened now for ubuntu, but I verified it also in windows xp.

Il 05/11/2012 14:53, Jiří Kovalský ha scritto:
" type="cite">William, I agree that if what you say is reproducible it is not acceptable in Beta 2. However, I can open Java SE projects without problems. What did you exactly do? Just installing fresh Beta 2 and trying to open AnagramGame project crashes your IDE and doing it again throws IAE? Please file this as soon as possible if you can reproduce it.

If the folder with your NetBeans projects also contains nbproject directory then it can really have the icon of NetBeans projects.

Thanks for your feedback,
-Jirka

On 5.11.2012 11:45, Wiliam Bacchi wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to test Java Debugger, but I get an error starting java SE
modules in windows xp and ubuntu 12.04 with several jdk 1.7.0 (u07 and
u10b14) and a heapdump.hprof file in var/log folder.

The second time I start Ide (after the first crash) i can activate java
se but I get org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$SlowItem exception.

Opening a simple java project i get java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
exception, and by the way, the folder where i keep netbeans projects is
shown in file browser as a project folder (not sure this is the correct
behaviour).

In my opinion this errors (which are probably not blocking) are anyway
not acceptable in a beta2 version.

William

Il 05/11/2012 11.19, Jiří Kovalský ha scritto:
Hello team,

this is just a friendly reminder about Beta 2 certification which is
happening as we speak and with a deadline set to tonight COB last
timezone.

Unfortunately, only 4 participants (Viggo, Thomas, Medea and Holger)
joined this important effort. :|

Is there a chance more people help sanity test Beta 2 candidate build?

We would really like to release well tested 7.3 Beta 2 tomorrow!

Thanks a bunch to all who find some time today.

Have a productive Monday! :)
-Jirka

On 3.11.2012 00:04, Jiří Kovalský wrote:

Hello NetCAT participants,

we have successfully built the 7.3 Beta 2 candidate #201211020750 and
published it [1] on the web.

[1]
http://bits.netbeans.org/netbeans/7.3/9rnjewx3/beta2/2012-11-02_07-50-19/

Now the time for certification comes. If you have free cycles this
weekend, please grab this build and _sanity test_ it as soon as
possible. Time is important again. We need your feedback by Monday -
11/5 COB so that Beta 2 can be released next week. As usually it would
be great if at least one representative of each tribe does this check of
the functionality his/her tribe is responsible for but the more members
help the better of course. No extensive testing is needed - 1 to 2 hours
should be enough.

Once such person(s) completes the sanity test, s/he should add his/her
name to the 7.3 Beta 2 Go/NoGo Wiki [2] and write his/her decision.
Could tribe leaders please coordinate this?

[2] http://wiki.netbeans.org/NetBeans_73_Beta2_GoNoGo

Thank you very much for your help!
-Jirka

P.S. As usually we ask all NetCAT participants to NOT share this
download URL off this mailing list. Beta 2 is not certified yet and thus
it should not be announced and promoted anywhere until it has an
official Go. Thanks!

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

(continued)

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Sven Reimers 11/04/2012

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Medea Gugushvili 11/04/2012

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Medea Gugushvili 11/04/2012

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Sven Reimers 11/04/2012

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Jiří Kovalský 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Sven Reimers 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

William Bacchi 11/04/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Jiří Kovalský 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Wiliam Bacchi 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Jiří Kovalský 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

William Bacchi 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

William Bacchi 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Michel Graciano 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

William Bacchi 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Goran Miskovic 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Pavel Selivanov 11/05/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Augusto Campos 11/06/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Goran Miskovic 11/06/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Hermien Pellissier 11/06/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Jiří Kovalský 11/06/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] 7.3 Beta 2 Sanity Test

Wiliam Bacchi 11/06/2012