[73cat] Re: [news] Status Report #9

  • From: Javier Ortiz < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: [news] Status Report #9
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:16:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

——————————————————————————————————
Javier A. Ortiz Bultrón
Senior Software Quality Engineer
ArthroCare Corporation
Office 512.358.5996
7000 West William Cannon Drive
Building One
Austin, Texas 78735

From: Jiří Kovalský [mailto: ]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:53 PM
To: NetCAT team
Subject: [73cat] [news] Status Report #9

  • There was a discussion about application servers. It's okay that you don't see Tomcat as an option when creating an Enterprise Application. Only GlassFish supports EARs however several participants required to extend the offering with TomEE (#212198) and JBoss (#200132). Should TomEE replace Tomcat in Servers or just complement it?

I believe TomEE should compliment Tomcat. TomEE might be overkill for non EE applications although it works on either. I have no issues downloading and setting up TomEE, what’s lacking is the Enterprise Application support like the one for Glashfish.

As a summary, I’ll suggest bundling TomEE with Glashfish, but maintaining the current Tomcat support (i.e. allowing to register it and work integrated with the IDE).

************
The information contained in this email and any attachments is the property of ArthroCare Corporation or one of its subsidiaries, and may  be confidential.  It is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  If a) you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient or b) you have received this in error, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete this message, including any attachments.

[73cat] [news] Status Report #9

Jiří Kovalský 11/20/2012

[73cat] Re: [news] Status Report #9

Javier Ortiz 11/20/2012