[73cat] Re:

  • From: Angelo Quaglia < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Re:
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:16:40 +0100

2012/11/14 Angelo Quaglia < " target="_blank"> >
Hi,

I am still using build  201211120001

After opening and closing a local XML file, I have a progress bar in the status bar saying "Retrieve XML" and it does not go away even if I try close it.

The "Retriever Output" window shows:
Nov 14, 2012 10:24:37 AM : Retrieving Location: http://example.com/opensearchextensions/1.0/

    Retrieved :    http://www.iana.org/domains/example/
    Saved at: C:\Documents and Settings\quaglan\Local Settings\Application Data\NetBeans\Cache\dev\mavencachedirs\983324091\retriever\www.iana.org\domains\example\index

Angelo

2012/11/13 Jiří Kovalský < " target="_blank"> >
Hello NetCAT team,

let's summarize what happened in the week of November 5th.

1. Overall summary

Release of 7.3 Beta 2 milestone build last week was without hesitation the most important achievement. In other words, new 7.3 development is completed and now the task is to verify that everything works on all platforms plus fix all serious defects of course.  :-) We call it full testing and it's the time when every volunteer makes difference. Activity has been higher than average both in terms of new bugs and traffic on the mailing list. 30 participants submitted ~10.6 new bugs daily, which represents 1/3 of total income from community. NetBeans developers resolved 710 issues which is a new record. 29 participants generated ~12.6 messages per day. We have by the way exchanged already >1000 e-mails  =-O since beginning of NetCAT 7.3 program. 4 more tutorials were reviewed. Several participants helped test Beta > Beta 2 update scenario, there were some discussions about preferences of some features or reports about unstable dailies again. As usually, more details are below.

2. Important stuff
  • In the end 19 participants [1] certified Beta 2 before its release on Thursday. We thank to all contributors for the sanity tests and Extend/Un-installation tests too!
[1] http://wiki.netbeans.org/NetBeans_73_Beta2_GoNoGo#NetCAT_Team
  • 5 participants tried to update from Beta 1 to Beta 2 and it worked more or less fine. Even About dialog updated the build information!  :-) Thank you guys.
  • It's only 26 days to the Code Freeze milestone so full testing [2] of NetBeans IDE 7.3 is in full swing. Any help from NetCAT is highly welcome, because this is really a huge assignment and as you can see NetBeans QE does not have enough resources to cover everything. If you have time from now to December 6th, please test some feature according to its FULL test specification and when you finish it please update the progress spreadsheet.
[2] http://netbeans.org/projects/www/lists/netcat/archive/2012-11/message/127
  • Review of tutorials advanced slightly and the flag was moved to 91 tutorials already! Marcin Starnacki improved his score to 23 reviews, Marco Molteni keeps his 19 and Yonathan Weldegebriel reviewed 15 tutorials. Thanks to all other reviewers too!
  • Several participants reported unusable daily build(s). Javier Ortiz and Michael Müller complained about terribly slow #201211060001. Augusto Campos added that #201211050001 occupied all CPU cycles while indexing sources until java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurred. Except Michael's OOME against Editor #221469 we are not aware of any bugs. Were these false alarms?
  • Alied Perez started a discussion about what default behavior for main actions like Run or Debug should be. 5 other participants shared his nostalgia but we really believe that Run > Set Main Project menu should satisfy majority's needs. If you disagree, please provide your usecase. :-)
  • Michal Owsiak hit the well known problem on Mac OS X preventing it to start IDE smoothly on JDK 7 (#218284). Unfortunately, the only workaround is to upgrade to preview of JDK 7 Update 10.
  • Michael Müller suggested to use more prominent shortcut for Paste from History like Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste Formatted now) instead of Ctrl+Shift+D. Would anyone else second this change?
3. Bug hunting
  • Michal Owsiak wanted to add a Groovy file into a newly created Maven based Java project, which however destroyed its structure #221638. If you want to see this P1 fixed, please provide requested information Michal. Thanks!
  • Kent Grundström was unable to modify his GUI form due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError (#221685). In spite of a partial workaround a full fix for this regression was delivered within 18 hours. Really good catch Kent!
  • One of Michael Nascimento's defects against Java Editor concerned broken pasting multi-line code over selection of text (#221752). The bug has been fixed yesterday and needs verification. Thank you Michael!
  • Another Brazilian Michel Graciano reported that code completion was not smart enough for == operations (#221830). Now the feature is all smart already. ;-)
  • Anton Kirilchik must have been surprised when his request to implement navigation between JPA named queries (#221621) was accepted as a not working feature.  :-) And even better, the fix was integrated within 3 hours.
  • Best bug reporter of the previous week was Michael Nascimento with 13 reported bugs mainly against the Java Editor.
  • 5 high priority bugs were filed last week and three of them were fixed.
  • There is a Top Voted Bugs Check Point scheduled for November 27th so if you really feel that some P3 bug deserves our attention, please vote for it and/or ask your NetCAT peers to do the same. Otherwise such P3 bug will stay same visible as other hundreds of P3s out there. :-\
4. Statistics

Bugs submitted: 729
(+74)
Open bugs: 219