[73cat] Re: JAVA EE Project

  • From: Javier Ortiz < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: JAVA EE Project
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:25:41 -0600

But the IDE probably doesn't support EAR and that. I guess you would need to deploy manually. I haven't tried it yet, I'm guessing. That would be a nice enhancement.

Wonder if IDE should offer that as an option either additional to Tomcat or instead of it.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Javier Ortiz < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I did, and it works normally. IDE sees it as another Tomcat server.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Viggo Navarsete < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Petr Jiricka < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Nov 12, 2012, at 2:15 PM, Viggo Navarsete wrote:

Whenever TomEE (http://tomee.apache.org/apache-tomee.html) is a supported application server in Netbeans, then you will probably have it as an option;)

Did you try TomEE with NetBeans? Did it work for you?

No, I haven't tested TomEE yet with Netbeans, have had too much to do at work :(
I assume it won't in the short term...even JBoss 7 takes time to integrate as a supported application server, and assume the same effort is needed to support TomEE as well...and also feature request for it;)

Unfortunately, JBoss 7 is a much larger effort than TomEE.

Petr

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Wiliam Bacchi < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Thanks,

I thought this was the reason, but I appreciate the confirmation.

William.

Il 12/11/2012 9.31, Petr Jiricka ha scritto:

if you are creating Enterprise Application, then that's correct - Tomcat is not a full Java EE server and does not support EAR archives. But when creating Web Application (any Java EE version), Tomcat should be available as a choice.

Petr

On Nov 12, 2012, at 9:27 AM, Wiliam Bacchi wrote:

Hi all,

Is it correct that when Creating a new Java EE project, bundled tomcat never appears?

Greetings,

William.

[73cat] JAVA EE Project

Wiliam Bacchi 11/12/2012