[73cat] Re: Indexing Maven repositories

  • From: Jonathan Lermitage < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: Indexing Maven repositories
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:16:59 +0100

Hi,
I always had a performance problem with Maven Repo indexing, but only on old computers (a SSD with a modern multicore CPU help a lot). Indexes downloading took a while, and their decompression kneel any old computer (for my case, a  Pentium 4 CPU with an old 5400rpm HDD).
I had to set Index Update Frequency to "Never", and launch its update manually. If you want use external software, you can consider reducing the netbeans.exe process priority.
What is your hardware configuration ?

Regards,
Jonathan

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:58 PM, alied < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi, all
I's now that I can use Thunderbird. latest ~10min my PC was unusable due to maven indexing repositories[1]
Has anybody else suffered this? I thought I had set "Index Update Frecuency" to "Never" in Options/Java/Maven.(see attached screenshot)
Apparently the report is GDI-related, so tell me if you need a IDE dump for next time.

[1]http://statistics.netbeans.org/analytics/exception.do?id=624157

[73cat] Indexing Maven repositories

alied 10/31/2012

[73cat] Re: Indexing Maven repositories