[73cat] Netbeans/Java Platform issue

  • From: Viggo Navarsete < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Netbeans/Java Platform issue
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:25:05 +0100

Hi,

I have a question about the Netbeans and Java Platform concept. I can use it to define new platforms that I want to use when developing. The only bad thing about it, the way I see it (but I might be wrong due to not enough understanding of it..), is that if you want to share a project with someone else, then they need to create the exact same platform with the exact same name. I discovered this while I was attending a workshop by Adam Bien, and he shared a project he had created in Netbeans with all the attendees, and Netbeans complained about missing platform (or something like that), and it happened since we didn't have the same platform defined locally. It was of course possible to fix by creating a platform with the exact same name and settings, but then to my question:

Isn't it possible to also share a platform when sharing a project? Could Netbeans help the user in any way?

Regards,
Viggo Navarsete

[73cat] Netbeans/Java Platform issue

Viggo Navarsete 10/30/2012

[73cat] Re: Netbeans/Java Platform issue

Scott Palmer 10/30/2012

[73cat] Re: Netbeans/Java Platform issue

Michael Müller 10/30/2012

[73cat] Re: Netbeans/Java Platform issue

Viggo Navarsete 10/31/2012

[73cat] Re: Netbeans/Java Platform issue

alied 10/31/2012