[73cat] Re: [editor] Editor Test Suite Report for NetBeans 7.3 Beta and Nightly 201210240001

  • From: Jiri Prox < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Jonathan Lermitage < >
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: [editor] Editor Test Suite Report for NetBeans 7.3 Beta and Nightly 201210240001
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:32:24 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for very detailed report. I'll go through it and resolve the problem, either by fixing the test specification or by reporting bugs.
Here are answers to your questions:

3.10: This is know problem. Code templates in code completion is not new feature, this works in NB for a very long time. But in 6.0 there was introduced 'contexts' for templates (see that templates works only in scope where they make sense). From this moment the code completion starts to provide only suitable templates. Unfortunately there UI for setting context for custom templates is not yet implemented.

5.3.: The empty lines at the end of editors are intended. It's because it is more comfortable to type near the middle of the editor that at the very end. I'll update the TS to be more precise in this case

6.1.: You're right the shortcuts are not set any more. I'll discus it with developers, weather they should be set be default or left empty, since the start recording actions is not called so often.

13.1. & 13.2.:
The shortcuts are correct, but they are switched. First the alt-shift-period should be used (several times, another known bug), then alt-shift-comma should start to work as well. I'll correct the TS.

Thanks again for your feedback.
-Jirka

On 26.10.2012 0:30, Jonathan Lermitage wrote:
" type="cite">
Hello team,
here is my first report about the Editor Test Suite (see the zipped XLS/XLSX attachment for details) :

I have not really found bugs, only questions :
- 3.10) Defining Custom Code Templates : completion for the custom "forx" template doesn't work. I've already sent an email about this (I'm not sure if it is a bug... I have not seen this feature in the NetBeans 7.3 New and Noteworthy page, and it didn't exist in NetBeans 7.2).
- 5.3) Caret position : when the cursor is at the end of the file, the caret symbol is not exactly at the bottom. Probably because of the not editable blank lines added by the editor ?
- 6.1) Create macro : macro creation works fine, but there are no predefined shortcuts for macro recording. Will the next release provide them ?
- 13.1) Moving to root : nothing happens when I do Alt+Shift+Comma (this combination targets the "Select Previous Element" shortcut. Is it the right shortcut ?).
- 13.2) Moving to leaf : nothing happens when I do Alt+Shift+Comma (this combination targets the "Select Next Element" shortcut. Is it the right shortcut ?).

These points have been verified with NetBeans 7.2.1, 7.3 Beta and the 201210240001 nightly build, on Windows 7, JDK7u09 x64. Passed tests have been verified with NB 7.3 Beta only.

Regards,
Jonathan

[73cat] [editor] Editor Test Suite Report for NetBeans 7.3 Beta and Nightly 201210240001

Jonathan Lermitage 10/25/2012

[73cat] Re: [editor] Editor Test Suite Report for NetBeans 7.3 Beta and Nightly 201210240001

Jiri Prox 10/26/2012