[73cat] [editor] Bug? Completion doesn't work on new code templates

  • From: Jonathan Lermitage < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] [editor] Bug? Completion doesn't work on new code templates
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 00:50:20 +0200

Hello team,

according to the Editor Test Suite 3.10 test case ("Defining Custom Code Templates") :

10. Defining Custom Code Templates :
- Open new Options dialog and go to Editor | Code Templates.
- Add a code template called forx with code: TBD
- Try to invoke the new code template by both code completion and as an abbreviation.
Expected result : In both cases the template should be filled in and should work properly.

Invoke the code template with the "forx" abbreviation : it works
Invoke the code template thanks to the code completion : it doesn't work.
I have tried two code completions :
- the "forx" completion : I have the "No suggestions" message. I think it is normal, as other code templates have the same behaviour.
- the "for" completion : it shows templates like "form", "forc", ... "forv", not the newly defined "forx" template.

Is it a bug ? I have not seen this functionality in the NetBeans 7.3 NewAndNoteworthy web-page. I've verified it with NB 7.2.1, 7.3 Beta and the latest Dev Build (201210240001), on Windows 7 JDK7u09 x64 .

Regards,
Jonathan.

[73cat] [editor] Bug? Completion doesn't work on new code templates

Jonathan Lermitage 10/24/2012

[73cat] [netcat73] Modified files cannot be saved. The files are empty after saving.

Benno Markiewicz 10/25/2012

[73cat] Re: [editor] Bug? Completion doesn't work on new code templates

Jiří Kovalský 10/30/2012