[73cat] Re: [news] Status Report #4

  • From: Angelo Quaglia < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: [news] Status Report #4
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:20:10 +0200

I understand but it would be nice to report the error and then pop-up a window that tells the user to zip the heap dump and uplaod it manually to the automated created bug report.
I do not get paid for creating tons of bug reports.

2012/10/19 Petr Cyhelsky < " target="_blank"> >
Hi,
if you are constantly struggling with memory, maybe it is time to raise the memory available to the ide (-Xmx setting).

Anyway, reduction of memory consumption is one of the goals of this release and we are trying to catch as many memory leaks as we are able to.  It is hard to do "automatic" reporting, because heap dump is needed to analyse memory problems and we cannot simply automatically obtain heap dumps... In case of memory problems it is best to create issue against ide/performance and describe the problem (what was done with the ide during the session, what is going on at the time of taking the heap dump, how many projects, files, windows, etc. are open) and attach the heap dump.

Hope this helps.

Petr Cyhelsky

On 10/18/2012 11:55 AM, Angelo Quaglia wrote:
That's correct,
Then, I think the automatic report generation would help a lot.
I am struggling against this memory problems that are causing hiccups and force a restart of NetBeans.

2012/10/18 Goran Miskovic < " target="_blank"> >

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Angelo Quaglia < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
2.7 GB is a problem even if you have to upload it manually.
I also get multiple out of memory notifications.

Angelo

luckily heap dump can be well compressed. size of compressed 2GB heap dump i created yesterday was 180MB.

i guess that it might be possible to compress heap dump before IDE uploads it.

--
schkovich
PHP Dojo

[73cat] Re: [news] Status Report #4