[73cat] Re: Significant file size increase for new Beta binaries

  • From: John Ceccarelli < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >, " " < >, Jiří Kovalský < >, MarianMirilovic < >
  • Subject: [73cat] Re: Significant file size increase for new Beta binaries
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 08:59:14 -0700

We needed a few Oracle libraries that were only publicly available in the binary distributions of JDK 8 so for Beta we had to bundle the entire JRE. Note that NetBeans does not run on this JRE, just pulls binaries from it. This will be resolved by the time we ship the final release.

-J

On Sep 29, 2012, at 4:09 AM, Crazy Java < "> > wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded the latest Beta binaries (http://bits.netbeans.org/netbeans/7.3/9rnjewx3/beta/2012-09-27_23-33-46/) and I found, that their size increased significantly (+ 46MB for Win OS). Why is it so? Is there something wrong or did you just package additional libraries?

Thanks,
Martin Skurla

[73cat] Significant file size increase for new Beta binaries

Crazy Java 09/29/2012

[73cat] Re: Significant file size increase for new Beta binaries

Javier Ortiz 09/29/2012

[73cat] Re: Significant file size increase for new Beta binaries

John Ceccarelli 09/29/2012