[71cat] OS X Mountain Lion - Java issues

  • From: Michal Konrad Owsiak < >
  • To:
  • Cc: Jiří Kovalský < >
  • Subject: [71cat] OS X Mountain Lion - Java issues
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:50:06 +0100

Hello everybody,

I am not sure whether this is proper place to post this information, however, I will do anyway :)

I have, recently, upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion and there are two major issues that may impact NetBeans.

1. Current version of Mountain Lion removes all Java Virtual Machines

contrary to Lion, there is no default package yet which means you are not able to install Java

2. Current version of Oracle's Java

http://jdk7.java.net/macportpreview/

works terribly at OS X Mountain Lion - you can forget about starting NetBeans (probably there is a workaround, however I didn't have time to test it and I had to downgrade)

Anyway, Java 1.7 is in a status where executing:

java --version (there is one additional dash, and I know it is incorrect switch)

results in an exception and Java Virtual machine bails out.

Hope this may help people who think about moving to OS X ML Preview

Cheers

Michal

[71cat] 7.1.1 RC

Michael Müller 02/19/2012

[71cat] Re: 7.1.1 RC

Jiří Kovalský 02/21/2012

[71cat] Re: 7.1.1 RC

Michael Müller 02/21/2012

[71cat] Re: 7.1.1 RC

Jiří Kovalský 02/21/2012

[71cat] Re: 7.1.1 RC

Michael Müller 02/21/2012

[71cat] Re: 7.1.1 RC

Medea Gugushvili 02/21/2012

[71cat] Re: 7.1.1 RC

Jiří Kovalský 02/21/2012

[71cat] OS X Mountain Lion - Java issues

Michal Konrad Owsiak 02/21/2012